Thank you to The Scrumptious Pumpkin, who inspired this healthy, easy dinner! Healthy and easy… those are two words that ring like magical bells in my ears. And anytime I can serve salmon without my house smelling like fish skin, I will do it.
My favorite things about this meal? In no particular order,
1. No dirty dishes except a cutting board and a knife. I eyeballed it on the measurements requiring a tablespoon.
2. It includes salmon, spinach, red potatoes, lemon and capers. I like all those things.
3. It’s good for you. Omega-3’s. Folate. Healthy fats.
4. Cooking in packets is a fun alternative to baking dishes and skillets.
5. It looks rather fancy when you plate it, belying its super-simple origins.
6. Oh, yes. Cooking the salmon in a packet like this helps keep it from drying out, which is a problem I often run into with my impatient skillet method.
Both of us liked this salmon dish a lot, but it was pretty lemony! Next time I think I’ll prepare the potatoes and spinach separately from the salmon, and make them a bit more garlicky – maybe even add some crushed red pepper.
Here’s a link to the original recipe: http://thescrumptiouspumpkin.com/2012/02/16/salmon-spinach-and-potatoes-with-lemon-caper-sauce/