I conducted an informal poll this weekend, and found that only 1 in 10 people make New Year’s resolutions, because they think if they make a resolution, they’ll inevitably end up breaking it. I find that so disheartening. But, being the optimist that I am, it does not prevent me from making my own resolutions.
In no particular order, I resolve to…
1. Lose 15 pounds. By establishing a consistent workout routine. So I feel like a strong, fit person again – so I can run three miles and feel good at the end of it. So I can run a 10K in June. So I can waterski until my arms ache this summer. So I can do hot yoga again. Ahhhh I cannot wait for these things!
2. Read and study my Bible so that in trying moments and days, Scriptures are the first thing to pop into my head and make their way into my inner dialogue.
3. Be proactive in scheduling coffee, lunch and walks with girlfriends; in planning dinner and game nights with other couples; in sharing casual evenings on the back deck with friends.
4. Schedule my days so my evenings are free for quality family time.
5. Share this blog so that friends and family can get a peek into thoughts I maybe wouldn’t share otherwise.
I could really go on and on. I’m an addicted list-maker. But, I do actually hope to achieve these things, so I’ll stop now.